Finally version 1.3 is available for download and from Mac App Store and Microsoft Store.
- It should work better in countries that are blocking Telegram.
- It should be able to autoupdate better.
- It supports saving several proxies in Connection Settings, including MTProto proxy support.
- Also you can use Socks5 proxies for calls.
- And finally you can use formatting (select text and Ctrl/Cmd + B/I for Bold/Italic, Ctrl/Cmd + K for a link with custom text, Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + M for monospace font).
If in Settings when you try to update from 1.2.17 you see "Latest version is installed." — this means that my autoupdate site is unavailable :( Please install the version 1.3 from https://desktop.telegram.org
or (if this link isn't opening for you) from GitHub releases page:https://github.com/telegramdesktop/tdesktop/releases/v1.3.0
After that it should autoupdate just fine.